Care Package Cookies
October 12, 2011 § 4 Comments
Do you see my lovely new logo? It was made by my boyfriend, who is currently living in Nashville doing great things with his music education non-profit. For his help with my fantastic logo, he requested heath bar cookies.
These are the perfect component to a care package or thank you package. Wrap in stacks of 5 with parchment paper squares in between each cookie. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in a plastic bag. Wrap the plastic bag in bubble wrap. Place in box with packing peanuts to ensue a safe and crumb free delivery.
Even if you are not sending a care package, try these cookies. The toffee in the heath bar adds a delicious new twist to chocolate chip.
Thanks to the speedy post office, he should get the cookies tomorrow!
HEATH BAR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heath bar crumbles (4 heath bars)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda into and set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed. Beat in the eggs one at a time incorporating fully after each addition. Add in the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, heath bar crumbled, and walnuts.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spoon out the cookie dough into small 1 inch diameter balls. Give the cookies enough room to spread.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.