A Chocolate Lover’s Dream
November 5, 2011 § 11 Comments
After living in Nashville for 3 months making tons of progress with his music education non-profit, my boyfriend finally came home. I wanted to make him something extra special for his homecoming. He loves raspberries and I love chocolate. Luckily the two taste amazing together! This Chocolate Ganache Tart with Fresh Raspberries is simple, elegant, and oh so chocolatey.
The tart shell is quick and easy
(no rolling out dough required)! Simply mix ingredients together and press into a fluted tart pan.
Craving chocolate yet?!
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used Ghirardelli Brand)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Confectioners’ sugar for garnish
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and set aside. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg yolks and vanilla. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Place the dough into to a 9 inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom and press dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a fork, prick the bottom of the tart shell all over. Bake for 20 minutes and then let cool completely.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Watch carefully so the bottom of the pan does not burn. Place the chocolate chips in a large heat proof bowl. When the cream has come to a simmer, pour it over the chocolate chips and stir constantly until smooth. Pour into the tart shell and spread evenly. Refrigerate for about 1 hour until firm. Place fresh raspberries on top and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. (Serve with some extra raspberries on the plate…you want a little piece of berry with each rich chocolatey bite)